S2insight provides expert training in project management, product development, and portfolio management. Courses can be set up at your organization’s site or another designated location. We are a registered education provider (REP®), licensed to award PDU credits for continuing education programs. Our skilled in-house training development staff also creates Custom Courses to meet your unique training needs.
Project Management Courses
Product Development Courses
Techniques for Innovative Problem Solving (TIPS)
Delivery Format: Instructor-led on-site
Duration: 2 days
Audience: Project Managers and Team Members
Modern project teams must confront and overcome problems that at first seem unsolvable, and traditional brainstorming techniques don't guarantee that real creativity is brought to bear. TIPS will show you how to arrive at viable, and often unexpected, alternatives to difficult problems.
- Introduction to TRIZ1.
- Relationship of TRIZ methods to Six Sigma, Lean, and other problem solving techniques.
- Stimulating innovation by understanding problems and solutions in new and useful ways.
- Using TRIZ Gateways to reduce or break through psychological inertia and domain barriers to broaden the potential solution set.
- Understanding and practicing TRIZ tools such as contradictory problem statements, Ideal Final Result, 40 Inventive Principles, Lines of Evolution, and Effects thinking.
- Practicing new approaches through various job aids, exercises, and sample products.
- Applying TIPS strategies to the participants' real-world problems.
TRIZ is an acronym for the Russian expression Teoriya Resheniya Izobretatelskikh Zadatch which, roughly translated, means "the theory of inventive problem solving."
Obtain more information: